JetBlue Airlines – How I managed to Travel on a Vegan Diet


Dietary restrictions while on the road can be equally daunting and challenging, but it should not be a constraint from seeing the world, even on a backpacker’s budget. Find here some of my unconventional tips and practical advice for traveling the world as a vegetarian backpacker. Stuck with my vegetarianism since my high school days, it was something that was not going to change my eating habits anytime soon. Based on my past flight experiences I would highly recommend JetBlue Airlines Flights for all those seeking superior flight experiences at an affordable cost.

https://www.jet-blue-flights.com/

How I managed to Travel on a Vegan Diet.

I decided to travel with my small sister this time, so to avoid expensive flight tickets, we decided to make our reservations early with JetBlueAirlines Reservations. So after getting our reservations done, we didn’t realize that our bookings were already handled by the airlines. Thanks to JetBlue Airlines Deals, this was the deal-breaker as we got on some cheap deals.
Relying solely on boring salads and convenience store packaged foods wasn’t going to cut my diet, I needed something more than that. The good news is that after eight months on the road, I’m still a happy vegetarian backpacker because I strictly follow these four rules:

1.       Learn the local language.

The word “Vegetarian” has different meanings in different countries. In Thailand, if you say “Jai ka,” the restaurant will offer you Buddhist vegetarian meals, which don’t include any meat products, onions or garlic or the translation for vegetarian can also mean fish stock. Acquainting yourself with the local language makes sure your dietary concerns are well understood. In this regard, I didn’t have any problem as I managed to learn some basics and made sure I was on the same page with the locals.

https://www.jet-blue-flights.com/

2.       Do some research.

I think it would be best to get assistance from the locals who speak English to ask for recommendations. My sister ate a perfectly cooked steak while I was served a beautiful vegetarian entrée consisting of grilled vegetables and cheese. You can use different apps for additional restaurant tips, like Couchsurfing to talk with locals. On my part, I made sure I reached out to locals not only to get great tips but also in searching for some specific restaurants. In some countries like Thailand most of the vegetarian specialties may have hidden meat products; for example, in most Thai recipes are made with fish sauce, so it’s important to specify no fish sauce is added when ordering those dishes.

https://www.jet-blue-flights.com/

3.       Be willing to move on

Due to miscommunication with the waiter sometimes you might end up eating a dish without meat but that has been cooked with an animal-based product. Although it may not seem like a big deal for some, it will make it hard for your body to digest with high chances of you being sick. Stay safe, don’t risk your health, for me saying thank you politely and moving on did work out.

4.       Carry backup supplies

I always make sure I carry one day’s worth of healthy snack items, which I usually restock in major cities. From granola bars, mix nuts to packets of dried fruit, finding vegetarian products is fairly easy in supermarkets and convenience stores. In case you are traveling in a small town or somewhere where packaged foods are not easily available, make sure you bring some with you before you leave home.
If you are interested in similar travel blogs, you can check out JetBlue Airlines Official Site today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Netherlands Most Fascinating Facts

The Best of All Madrid’s Natural Escapes